Saturday, February 6, 2010

Uttaradhikar

Uttaradhikar” was the first reality show in Bangladesh where celebrity contestants remained isolated for three weeks, and performed certain tasks.

“Uttaradhikar” saw 10 celebrities locked up in a luxurious palace, where cameras keep a relentless eye on their every move and record their conversations. Each participant had a different attitude, thought process, behaviour and lifestyle but required the ability to survive individually as well as a cooperative team member in order to carry on the game and come out as the winner.

Gradually, each housemate was evicted from the palace and the last contestant remaining was Shila. As part of the win, she received Tk 10,00000.

The winner talks after her return from the reality show.

What was the experience like?

Shila: Amazing! When they announced my name I could hardly believe it, as I wasn’t expecting this at all. I screamed and everyone around me screamed as well!

Interesting incidents…

Shila: There were so many. Like there was this tabiz (amulet), which only one person would get and a parrot was to decide who gets it. The bird picked up my name.

Waking up every morning during the show was unusual. We had to get up at the vibrating sound of the alarm early morning. On the whole it was a disciplined 21 days.

Was it a tough three weeks?

Shila: We couldn’t leave the house. We were completely isolated. Nobody spoke to us — the directors or even the organisers. Only there was this cook who brought our meals and we could ask for tea and such, but that was it. We could only talk to other contestants. It was like living in a fancy prison. The worst part was that I couldn’t see my daughter throughout the whole time. And there were times I wanted to quit the game and come back. There were just so many new experiences, everything was new there, and that’s the reason I signed up for it.

Has life changed since you returned?

Shila: The first few days, I wouldn’t want to go outdoors, as I got used to that life, but slowly I adjusted. And now I am back to shooting, back to work.

What are you working on now?

Shila: Several TV plays, some new serials like “Utshob” and “Manpower”.

No comments:

Post a Comment