Saturday, February 6, 2010

Farah Ruma

“I have seen a great deal and gained a lot of experience. Along the way I have learnt that the world is not so easy as I once perceived it. Gone are those days of innocence when I used to trust everyone and believe whatever I was told. Now I am more in touch with reality,” said actress-model Farah Ruma, sitting back in her couch and gazing into the distance.

Farah Ruma

Farah Ruma

Beginning with the telefilm “Shako” on Channel i, this multifaceted actress needs no further introduction. She currently appears in two dramas. Other than that she had done numerous tele-films, plays, TVCs and so on. “There was a time when advertisements were model-oriented, but now the pattern has changed. Today it’s theme based and there is very little scope as the image is a deciding factor and may not always suit me. So I have drifted away a bit from that industry,” Ruma says.

“Kacher Putu,” (aired on Channel 1) written by Nima Rahman and directed by Ashraful Haque Pipu, is a story entwined around the life of two friends, enacted by Ruma and Mousumi Biswas. The duo, who share much in common from their very childhood, both fall for a guy. “14th May @” is a story with a twist. The e-mail addresses of a boy Namir and a girl Zara are the same, 14May@… Subsequently they become online friends. At length, when the girl’s marriage is arranged with someone else, they realise they are in love with each other. They wish they could go five years back and, surprisingly, they wake up one day to find that they really are five years back in time. Ruma plays the character of Zara here. Ruma is one of the judges of the talent hunt, “Lux-Channel i Super Star 2009″. She also has some plays coming up like “Jolkona” on ATN Bangla, and “Asharey Golpo” on ntv.

A quick peak at the life and interests of Farah Ruma:

Favourite movies: “The Pursuit of Happyness,” “Titanic”.

Favourite songs: Love all Bangla songs. At this moment, Hridoy Khan’s songs.

Favourite pastimes: Travelling, spending time with my family.

Favourite books: Science fiction, particularly, Zafar Iqbal’s stories.

Favourite brands: Giordano. I also go for traditional wear from my elder sister’s boutique Jundub Creation, where I usually get my shalwar-kameez, which are both simple and elegant. Let me also add that the material is very important to me.

Dreams: To travel to other countries, which I have not yet visited. To see the pyramids of Egypt and the art of France, among others.

What did you do on Eid: Had two Eids, as I was in Qatar on Eid day but came back home at 10 pm because I was keen to spend time with my family. Few words: I want to be remembered as an adept actress, a responsible daughter, a loving sister, wife, friend… I want success in every sphere of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment