Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mila

Mila

Mila

Mila is really talked about among new generation singers. Two songs ‘Rupobane Nache Komor Dulaiya’ and ‘Bapuram Shapure’ from her album ‘Chapter-2’ are superhit.

Recently she has become model for Britol Bisquit. She is really busy with audio, video and stage. She came back after America tour. Here is an interview with Mila.

There is buzz all around about your marriage, groom is music director Fuad. Is this true?

Various types of rumors are spread about me. Marriage rumor is latest one. Fuad bhai is my respected music director. I cannot think of anything else. Right now I am at a turning point of my career. I will think about marriage after five years. I want to say something clearly that I will not marry anyone from media. Even if I love someone it will not be anyone from media.

Recently you put 40 lakh price tag for your third album from a company. Is it reasonable?

This is music market. My album is a product. I earn bread by doing music business. I can bargain with any company. They will buy the album with 40 lakh. And there is a misconception here. Everybody is thinking that I asked 40 lakh only for audio album. Nobody is talking about companies which with audio albums earn 3-4 times on video albums; I asked 40 lakh for both audio and video album.

What is the name of the third album? Who is the music director? How is it going to be?

Name of my third album is ‘Re/define’. As usual this album is Fuad featuring Mila. This album is a bit different from previous albums. But my audience will get what they want.

How was second America tour?

This time I went to America to take part in Dhaliwood award show. I did not know that immigrant Bangladeshis there like my songs so much. I was extremely happy to see their excitement about me. This time in America I did something amazing. I shot few music videos from new album in different locations of America. That will please my fans.

Your first solo ‘Fele Asha’ and ‘Chapter-2’ second solo album’s few songs became hit after release of video album. How important is the role of music video behind an album’s success?

It is true that ‘Fele Asha’ album’s ‘ Mela’, ‘Chera Paal’ and ‘Chapter-2’ album’s ‘Rupbane Nache Komor Dulaiya’ and ‘Bapuram Shapure’ became superhit after the release of videos. These songs are just about listening but also about seeing something. All around the world now famous artists’ audio/video are release together. Video CDs are more important than video CDs; because if video is bought then fans can listen and see their favorite artist simultaneously.

You are rather discussed more in make up, get up, style or fashion more than music. What do you think?

Look, it is normal that an artist would have own style. In whole world artists are the icons. I have not started being stylish after becoming artist. I am like this since childhood. My parents have no son. That is why they used to dress me up like a boy. I always used to wear pants, t-shirts or keep short hair like boys. Since childhood there is less feminine side inside me.

On stage you dance while singing like Britney and Madonna. From Bangladesh perspective how suitable is it?

My stage performance is like my songs. My fans also like it. Or else my albums would not have been hit. The demand for my music videos is at peak because fans accepted my performance with my songs more. I experience some kind of different feel when I get up on stage. I forget all painful memories in life. I feel if I am put on stage while dying then I will live.

Is Fuad going to direct music in all your albums?

Apart from Fuad bhai I worked with Bappa Mazumdar, Balam, Fuad Ibne Rabbi. With Fuad bhai’s music direction my album ‘Chapter-2’ became superhit. That is why he is doing the third album. I am interested to work with all talented music directors of new generation.

When will third album ‘Re/define’ will come to market?

The album work is at last stages. The company has been finalized. The album will come soon.

Many believe that Mila will not last long. What’s your opinion?

I did not come with sudden wave that I will go back with it. I started my journey from main roots of music. Since I came this far with singing, I can go long way ahead. But there are ups and downs in career. Somebody will come who is better than me. I am working with honesty. If Allah is not angry at me then no one can harm me.

Recently you have become model for Britol biscuit. How does it feel as a model?

In this commercial my ‘Rupoban’ song was used. Public liked this song. As a result people also liked the commercial. I think viewers liked me as a model.

How are you enjoying time after becoming popular?

I am like old times. Like old times I go to footpaths to eat chotpoti. I come out of house with dress that was on inside. Hang out with friends. Do not bother if someone recognizes me or not. I have two lives. One is personal and other professional. I never mix these two up.

No comments:

Post a Comment