Saturday, February 6, 2010

Subarna Mustafa



Renowned TV and film actress Subarna Mustafa talked to the Cultural Correspondent about a variety of issues–personal and professional. Excerpts from the interview

What do you fear most?
Sometimes, a feeling of dread grasps me, regarding my loved ones and the uncertainties they might go through in future. Other than that, I fear nothing- except maybe cockroaches!

What is the one thing that you expect your loved ones to give you?
That’s very simple- love itself of course!

How old were you when you first fell in love?
I was just 13 years old, when I fell madly in love with Roger Moore, after watching the movie Saint.

What do you do during your leisure time?
When I am not shooting or working, I usually stay home. I watch movies, listen to a lot of music, especially instrumentals. I also listen to songs of Rabindranath. Lata Mangeshkar and AR Rahman are my favourites too. However, I believe that what I do during my leisure time is a big contribution towards enrichment of my knowledge.

If you suddenly discover that you have lost all your recognition and popularity, what would you do?
I would be devastated of course. I work for the people and the appreciation and recognition that I get from them are what I am grateful for. Many artistes might claim that they do not view or consider recognition, as an important element of their career, which I think, is completely misleading.

Movies which you would never stop enjoying?
Pather Panchali, Gone with the Wind, ET and a few more.

Books which you would never tire of reading..
Definitely Galpo Guchho by Rabindranath Tagore. I have a copy of the book on my desk all the time.

Are you satisfied with your life and career?
Of course I am satisfied. You see, we live in a country where many people live under the poverty line. By the grace of God, I have a chance to work for my living and I know that there are many people out there who love me. That’s all that I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment